A lawsuit that has been filed states that Herbalife has been accused of selling products that contain toxic ingredients, cause lead poisoning, and that are generally dangerous to ones health. The most common health problem traced back to Herbalife, though, is liver damage. All over the world medical professionals have conducted studies to establish a definite link between Herbalife supplements and liver damage. Limited funding and the occasional government restrictions have cut a majority of these studies short but there is a large international community of people who believe there is a direct relationship between Herbalife and liver damage. If you need to speak to a lawyer about the possibility that Herbalife has caused you liver damage. Call RepresentYou for a free referral to a Herbalife lawyer who may take your case on a contingency fee basis.
Herbalife Liver Damage
An alarming number of long time and habitual Herbalife supplement users have, at some point, discovered some sort of liver damage. In some cases it is mild and curable, but in others it is severe and can even turn into potentially fatal diseases. Below is a list and brief explanation of certain types of liver damage and disease that some have blamed on Herbalife products:
- Fatty Liver- Fatty liver disease is most simply defined by its name. It is literally a build up of fat in the liver that is unhealthy but not considered overwhelmingly serious
- Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis- Commonly referred to as NASH, this disease starts with a build up of fat in the liver, progresses to inflammation and can ultimately lead to irreversible liver damage. In the most severe cases, NASH can lead to cirrhosis and permanently damage the liver’s functionality.
- Toxic Hepatitis- Toxic Hepatitis is the inflamation of the liver as a result of an exposure to a toxic substance. Notable causes of the disease are alcohol, chemicals, drugs, or supplements (such as Herbalife products)
- Cirrhosis- An advanced disease in which the liver is damaged permanently and no longer able to work
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma- Abbreviated as HCC, is a primary cancer of the liver, most commonly caused by one of the above diseases going untreated.
If you or someone you know has suffered liver damage and you believe it to be related to a continued use of Herbalife products, RepresentYou may be able to help you. A number of our panel member attorneys have worked with victims of Herbalife before and have the experience and knowledge necessary to evaluate your case. We are dedicated to getting dangerous supplements off the shelf and your liver damage could possibly help future consumers from unsafe products.